Chorizo & Garbanzo Soup
As it simmers gently in its rich tomato broth, the warm, wonderful smell of this chorizo & garbanzo bean soup will draw your family to the kitchen… just in time for dinner!
Prep Time: about 30 minutes
Cook Time: about 30 minutes
Serves: about 6
2 TBSP Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
1lb pork chorizo sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large white onion, diced
1 red or orange bell pepper diced
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp cumin
1 can low sodium tomato sauce
64oz low sodium Vegetable broth or Chicken broth
1 bay leaf
3 10z packages of Bare Beans Garbanzo Beans
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Fresh parsley, garnish
Sour Cream, garnish
Shredded Medium Cheddar Cheese, Garnish
1. Heat oil in a large enameled cast iron dutch oven or large stockpot over medium heat and add the sliced chorizo, cook for 2 minutes or until slightly crisp.
2. Reduce heat and add the garlic, onions, bell pepper, thyme, cumin, and salt for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce, broth, bay leaf, 3 pouches of Bare Beans Garbanzo Beans, and a pinch of salt.
4. Cover, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 12 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve hot and top with parsley, sour cream, and/or cheese if you like! Pairs well with some crusty bread!